Lough Cutra Castle was designed by John Nash and constructed during the Gothic revival period.
It is idyllically situated overlooking it's own 1000 acre lake.
The building of the castle was overseen by the Pain brothers who later designed and built the Gate House at Dromoland. Most of the building work was complete by 1811. The original building included 25 basement rooms and the cost of the building was estimated at £80,000.
Still a private home it is available for rent on a weekly basis as well as for weddings and functions