20 more images below...
Tower House Castle For Sale in County Tipperary Ireland
Antiquity, Comfort, And Peace Of Mind
Asking Price: 995,000 € (Negotiable)
Killahara Castle is a truly exceptional dwelling. It feels at peace with its sometimes turbulent history which reflects the vibrant story of the local countryside. It is unique in many ways, even amongst castles of its era.
What makes Killahara Castle special:
We, the current owners, took on the castle as a restoration project in 2006, considering only the impact we could make on it; never expecting what impact it would have on us. We have been greatly enriched by our association with this wonderful building, its history, and the warm welcome and support of neighbours whose love of the building goes very far back. It has been a privilege. Sadly for us, it is now time to allow the building to write its next chapter, to enchant the lives of another set of people.
- Comfort, space, tranquility, antiquity, and authenticity, all in one
- Just completed a full 'restoration' (full detail available on request)
- more living space on each floor than is common
- unique self-contained 'penthouse' with glass gables overlooking the countryside
- Unusual wide windows making for bright living spaces on all floors
- Comfortable and easy to heat due to modern features that were subtly included in the renovation - central heating, excellent insulation, double glazing, bathrooms and hot water on all floors, cooking and laundry facilities, etc.
- Very low maintenance
- Wider than usual spiral stairs with an original hand rail
- Modern but unobtrusive electrical services, motion sensor lighting on stairs, ample outlets etc.
- Salvaged timbers used throughout in the works
- Easy access wide roof patio
- Stunning views in all directions
- All works were overseen and authorized by conservation experts and fully approved (i.e. no concerns about heritage officials enforcing reversal of unapproved works)
- No harling/plaster on the exterior - original stonework
- Includes an avenue through a mature beech woodland
- Comes on 7 acres of excellent land suitable for horse paddocks
- Secluded yet not isolated - near the historic Victorian village of Dovea
- Approx. 1.5 hours from Dublin, Cork, and Shannon
- Exceptionally detailed historical record has been compiled, backed up by extensive and intriguing documentation
|About This Property|
|For Sale By:||Owner |
|Construction Year:||1550 |
|Area:||3,100 Sq. Ft || |
|Parking Spaces:||10 |
|Features - Amenities|
| || || || |
- Laundry Room
- Mountain View
| || |
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Search More Listings|