11 more images below...
Turtle Beach Lodge, 56 Room Eco Lodge For Sale in Tortuguero, Limon Costa Rica
175 Acre Beachfront Eco Resort, Highly Profitable, 56 Rooms
Asking Price: $1,835,000 USD
Costa Rica is one of the top "tourism brand" countries in the world. Tortuguero is among the top 3 destinations in Costa Rica and growing quickly. Turtle Beach Lodge is the most unique lodge in Tortuguero, it is completely isolated from the other lodges in the middle of the jungle with the sea on one side and only accessed by boat on jungle rivers and our own spectacular private canal.
Turtle Beach Lodge is a remote and tranquil hotel located just outside the village of Tortuguero, Costa Rica. The lodge is bordered on the east by 1/2 mile of black volcanic sand beach and the Caribbean sea. The west side is 1/2 mile of jungle river called Cano Palma, the most popular canal to take tourists in the Tortuguero area. To the north and south are miles and miles of lowland jungle. Within these boundaries the lodge is nestled in 175 acres of lowland rainforest jungle with spectacular gardens and landscape throughout.
We have a fleet of 12 well maintained boats housed in a beautiful dock area in our charming lagoon. The boats with roofs and side curtains carry the tourists to and from the lodge. The open boats are used for the canal and town tours to allow full views of the amazing wildlife and incredible reflections on the black water canals. There are kayaks and canoes in a separate lagoon for safe and easy access away from the motored boats. And we have 2, 26 passenger busses.
The lodge has a generator capable of powering the entire lodge in case of power outages. The lodge has phone and Internet service. We have a large professional kitchen to put out fine meals that get good reviews by our guests. Large walk in freezers and refrigerator are located in a locked storage area at the dock for handy imposing of food and supplies
TBL was opened in 2001 after 10 years of development. We average between 9,000 and 10,000 guests each year. TBL has 55 guest rooms and room for many more. The lodge has remained profitable for years.
Unlike most of Costa Rica the lodge enjoys two high seasons. From November through March people come from all over the world for the warmth, relaxation and to see the flora and fauna of this unique lowland jungle region. June through September draws tourists to watch the many thousands of sea turtles that nest on the beaches of Tortuguero.
The lodge has been owned by the same family since opening and it has been a wonderful and rewarding experience. It is past retirement time and health issues make it time to find someone to take the lodge to the next level, I will be glad to share those ideas and dreams with anyone interested in this beautiful lodge in a most spectacular part of the world.
|About This Property|
|Features - Amenities|
- Located At The Caribbean Coast Of Costa Rica, We Are Selling A Unique Well Located Lodge At The Tortuguero Area Which Is In The Famous Tortuguero National Park Area, An Amazonic 77,000 Hectares Place With Wildlife And Wetlands That Is The Third National Park Visited By The Tourists In Costa Rica. The Lodge Is Famous Because It Is One Of The Only With Ocean Front And River Front And There Are Not More Permits To Build Hotels In This Ecological Area.. You Can Reach The Place Just By Boat Or Air. It Is Famous Because Its Fauna And Flora. The Hotel Is In Sucessful Operation And Has More Than 50 Rooms With Great Occupancy And Has Boats, Docks, Etc. Enough Space To Expand In Its More Than 60 Hectares Property Which Is Like 175 Acres It Is Being Sold Just By The Price Of The Infrastructure And Land Appraised Recently In Almost $4,5 Millio
- 175 Acres With 1/2 Mile Of Caribbean Beach With Jungle All Around
- 56 Quality Rooms With Comfortable Beds, Ceiling Fans, Tile Floors, Private Baths With Hot Showers And Wide Screened Windows
- 2 Two Bedroom Houses
- Employee Housing With 16 Rooms
- 3 45 Foot Thatch Roofed Palatals Housing A 100 Seat Restaurant, Lounge, Bar And Professional Kitchen
- Reception And Office
- Full Laundry Facilities
- Unique Turtle Shaped Pool
- 2 Large Hammock Hut And Guide/boot Hut
- Top Ranking Website With Reservations Software
- San Jose Office With Seesoft Professional Hotel Management Software
- Large, Secure Storage Facilities For: Kitchen With Walk In Freezer And Refrigerator, Landscaping, Maintenance And Boat Service With Lift
- 100kw/416 Amp John Deere Generator Capable Of Running Entire Lodge When Needed
- New, Large Covered Docks For 12 Boats
- 2 41 Passenger Covered Boats For Guest Transportation With Dual 115 Hp, 4 Stroke Motors
- 1 25 Passenger Covered Boat With Dual 115 Hp, 4 Stroke Motors
- 1 11 Passenger Covered Boat With 115 Hp, 4 Stroke Motor
- 4 22 Passenger Open Boats For Wildlife Tours Each With 115 Hp, 4 Stroke Motors
- 1 36 Foot Cargo Boat With 115 Hp, 4 Stroke Motor
- 1 Fishing Boat With 40 Hp Motor
- 14 Kayaks For Guest Tours
- 5 5 Passenger Canoes For Guest Tours
- 2, 29 Passenger Hyundai County Busses
- 3 Good Water Wells With Pumps
- Waste Water Septic For All Rooms
- Cell Phone Booster Tower
- Internet Dish
- Tv Dish
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
| Tom Lachenman |
|Phones: || || 513 706 3593 (Home phone)|
812 438 2654
|Search More Listings|