28 more images below...
Fly-In Lodge For Sale in Fort Frances, Nw Ontario, Canada
Northwestern Ontario Fly-In Fishing Lodge For Sale
Asking Price: $595,000 USD (Negotiable)
American-Plan, fly-in fishing lodge located 38 miles by air north of Fort Frances, NW Ontario.
Slippery Winds Wilderness Lodge is located in a sheltered, scenic bay at the east end of Yoke Lake. Yoke Lake offers exceptional multi-species fishing for trophy-quality walleye, muskie, largemouth & smallmouth bass, lake trout and northern pike.
In addition to Yoke Lake the lodge has access to five other lakes via boat from the lodge or a short portage. The three portage lakes offer angling opportunities for lake trout, largemouth bass and northern pike. The two other lakes accessible by boat from the main lodge hold largemouth and smallmouth bass, walleye and northern pike.
The lodge is accessible via float plane or by driving approximately 1-1/2 hours from Fort Frances to a boat landing at the east end of Straw Lake, then boating to the lodge's back dock and portaging to the lodge, which is located on the west side of a peninsula which separates Yoke and Straw Lakes.
Deeded title to 4.10 Acres of property with 485 feet of lakefront.
Buildings on the property are as follows:
The lodge has access to six lakes - three from the main lodge and three via short portages. The lakes offer catch and release angling for six species of sportfish - walleye, largemouth & smallmouth bass, muskie, northern pike and lake trout.
- Main lodge with kitchen, dining room, lounge with stone fireplace, office, staff bedroom; Lodge features satellite television and satellite internet with WiFi available in the main lodge and nearby cabins.
- Five guest cabins ranging in size from a 2-bedroom, 2-person cabin to a 2-bathroom, three-room cabin accommodating up to 8 guests;
- Service building containing fishing equipment storage, water treatment system, minnow tank and ice machine;
- Laundry building with two washers and propane clothes dryers;
- Steel, 20' x 30' shop with large overhead door housing a 20' x 20' shop and a 10' x 20' generator room;
- Two diesel generators - a 30 kw Deutz for prime-power (with a new generator section in 2016) and a 8 kw Petter for non-peak times and as a back-up.
Boat cache permits for four lakes with a total of 13 boats on the boat cache lakes lakes.
Major equipment includes:
For more information, please contact the owner.
- 12-foot, 14-foot and 16-foot aluminum boats, including 6 new 16' Alumacraft boats purchased in 2017. The boats on the main lake have casting decks. All boats have swivel seats
- A variety of Yamaha outboards:
- 9.9 hp 2-stroke
- 9.9 hp 4-stroke (new in 2015)
- 15 hp 2-stroke
- 15 hp 4-stroke
- 25 hp 4-stroke(new in 2016)
- 40 hp 4-stroke Honda
- Six kayaks
- One fiberglass canoe
- John Deere gator (older model)
- Arctic Cat 400 ATV
- Front-end loader / backhoe (in running condition, but needs new hydraulic pump & hydraulic control box seals replaced)
- All equipment, tools, etc. required to maintain and operate the lodge
- Two cribbed docks (new in 2014 & 2015)with floating docks on Yoke Lake
- A three-section floating dock on Straw Lake which can be used as a barge to bring in supplies
|About This Property|
|Features - Amenities|
- Lake View
- Lake Waterfront
- Pet Friendly
- Laundry Room
- Satellite Television;
- Satellite Internet
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Find More Properties|