29 more images below...
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath For Sale in Teakettle, Cayo District, Belize
River Wildlife Sanctuary - Jungle At Your Doorstep
Asking Price: $585,000 USD (Negotiable - Financing Available)
Imagine yourself living in a comfortable & spacious home on a hilltop overlooking the Belize River. You'll love the privacy and serenity of our secluded location and excellent views of the surrounding rain forest. Abundant wildlife such as birds, monkeys and other animals that live near our house will provide an unending source of amusement, wonder, and photographic opportunities. From the sidewalk outside our house, watch howler monkeys cross a rope bridge (see YouTube video "Howler Monkey Mother Crosses Rope Bridge With Her baby"). Hand-feed bananas to wild kinkajous (cute, cat-sized, raccoon cousins) from a feeding platform next to our house. (See YouTube video "Wild Kinkajou Feeding in Belize"). Crickets and soothing river sounds will lull you to sleep and myriad bird songs provide a wake-up call in the mornings.
Our 5-star bed-and-breakfast is a nature-lovers dream and a magnet for nature-lovers who delight in experiencing the abundant wildlife and jungle views. If you are eager to develop a tourism business, our 28-acre property is ideal for ecotourism development. Let your imagination open up options such as a bird observation tower, cabanas on an adjacent hill, a good site for a zip line, river activities, bed & breakfast, night sky-watching opportunities, ... any others that you can think of? Add Agro-ecotourism activities such as guests helping to harvest pitaya ("dragonfruit"), pick avocados, gather fresh eggs, and harvest our many fruits. A nature trail will entertain the nature lover.
Perhaps expand our passion fruit growing area and increase the varieties of fruit and hardwood trees. There's lots of land available to entertain your orchardist talents. Our long-term caretaker will be happy to assist you, if you desire.
Our house and surroundings provide an ideal venue for writers, artists, and persons who only require a comfortable place with good internet connection in order to work from home.
For the right buyer and a substantial down payment, we could carry the financing for a limited time.
• Acreage: 28.369 (11.48 hectares), about one-half preserved as jungle and wildlife sanctuary and the rest is open to current and future crops.
• Property tax (house & land) is very affordable, to say the least, BZ$284/yr (US$ 142)
• Chain link fence encloses 3 acres around house; ideal for dogs to roam.
• Utilities extend underground from Youngal Road to house (1/3 mile, 0.5 km) – no unsightly poles or downed lines. Utilities average cost/month is $BZ550 (US$225)
• Water source is Belize Water District; excellent water pressure; roof catchment provides backup supply in 800 gallon tank.
• Internet: high quality wifi, 20Mb/sec service, BZ$115/mo (US$57.50)
• Roof is corrugated sheet metal; a cupola vents warm air; a skylight illuminates the foyer, planter, stairwell, and dining/living area.
• New gutters with screens carry rain water to catchment tank and drainage area.
• Spacious split-level, steel-frame home built by owner for strength and durability.
o Upper floor: master bedroom with adjoining bath and furo (sunken tub), sun room, lanai, office/library with A/C, exercise room, two-car garage with workshop.
o Ground floor: spacious dining area with 18-foot ceiling, modern kitchen, two guest bedrooms, guest bathroom, dry storage room, laundry/utility room, toilet & shower, storage rooms.
• Furnished: appliances include stainless steel refrigerator/freezer with ice maker; stainless steel upright freezer, washer, dryer (butane), water softener, refrigerator in garage, dehumidifier, on-demand water heater (butane) 5-burner stove and oven (butane); and air conditioner in office (rarely used because fans throughout the house provide cooling).
• Large yard with patio, large planter, birdbath, and barbecue. Potential for swimming pool near patio.
• River frontage 908 feet (276.76 meters). Dock on river bank provides swimming, fishing, and kayak access.
• Our bed-and-breakfast, which has been rated 5-star by our Airbnb guests, draws international visitors and generates additional income.
• Shopping within 1.5 miles in Teakettle and 7 miles away in Belmopan. Government offices are conveniently located in Belmopan. A golf course is just 5 miles from our house. Several cultural, natural and recreational attractions are located nearby. International airport is 55 miles (less than 1 ½ hours) away.
• Worker’s house (2 bedrooms) located 1/10 mile (0.16 km.) from main house. Nearest neighbor is ½ mile away.
• Birders’ paradise 328 species listed for our area (77 species counted in 3-1/2 hours during January 2019 survey)
• Howler monkeys frequently seen near house.
• Kinkajous (a nocturnal, cat-sized, raccoon cousin) walk across a 70-foot rope to eat bananas out of our hands.
• Pitaya (dragon fruit) orchards (1.5 acres) produce over 1 ton of fruit/year, valued at US$2200.
• Abundant native orchids adorn trees around house. Groves of valuable hardwoods including mahogany and xericote can be harvested and sold when they mature within a few years.
• Orchard contains avocados, sapodilla, pink grapefruit, black sapote, mulberry, cashew, orange, lime, passionfruit, mamee sapote, bananas ("apple", "gold finger", "ice cream"), mango, cacao, tamarind, Java plum, and space for many more.
|About This Property|
Single Family Homes
Cayo District 000000
|Features - Amenities|
- Mountain View
- Pet Friendly
- Laundry Room
- Studio Room
- Comfortable & Spacious Home
- Hilltop Overlooks The Belize River
- Jungle View
- Fully Furnished
- Serenity & Seclusion
- Seven Miles From Capitol City Of Belmopan
- Closest Neighbor 1/2 Mile
- Five-Star Bed & Breakfast Produces Income
- Watch Wildlife Close-Up
- Title To Property Is Clear
- Low Property Taxes & Living Expenses
- High Speed Internet
- Custom-Built-To-Last Steel Frame Construction
- Open, Vaulted Tongue-And-Groove Ceiling
- Lots Of Storage Available
- Fans In All Living Areas
- Garage Has Workshop
- Fruit Orchard
- Birding Hotspot
- Separate Worker's House
- A Chainlink Fence Encloses 3 Acres Surrounding House
- Pets Have Large Area To Roam
- Office/library Has A Sweeping View Of Jungle
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Find More Properties|