3 more images below...
Resort For Sale in Calatagan, Batangas, Philippines
Own A Private Beachfront Leisure Estate...
Asking Price: $2,600,000 USD (Negotiable)
CALA PERDIDA PROPERTY OVERVIEW
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
Cala Perdida, which mean the “Lost Cove” in Spanish, is a 3.2 hectare (32,000 square meter) private beach front leisure estate located along the estaren edge of the Calatagan peninsula. The terrain of the property is characterized by rolling hills that gradually slope down onto a 150 meter private white sand beach. On each side of the property, the rolling hills break-off into cliffs, providing breath-taking views of the Pagaspas Bay seascape, the dramatic Anilao mountain range, and the lush island of Mindoro. Access to the private beach can only be made through the grounds of the property or by sea.
Approximately 70% of the property, or around two (2) hectares, is landscaped with Bermuda grass and a variety of tropical plants and trees, while the rest is maintained in its natural form. Garden lighting is strategically positioned throughout the property to create a dramatic effect during the evening hours. All of this beauty is best viewed from the high deck of the guest villa where one can relax and admire the beautiful scenery.
Cala perdida has been exclusively used as a weekend retreat and getaway for the past several years. One one side of the property sits a cluster thatched-roofed pavilions composed of:
• A Master Villa with an Infinity Plunge Pool
• A Guest Suite
• Dining Pavilion
• Kitchen Pavilion (complete with stainless steel cabinetry, shelves, and center work table)
• Staff Quarters
• A roofed garage
• Helicopter landing Area
• All of these lumbung-inspired clusters are fully furnished and well appointed.
In the year 2000, the property was featured in a coffee table book published by Periplus Editions entitled “Tropical Living: Contemporary Dream Houses in the Philippines” by Elizabeth Reyes. It was also recently chosen as one of only two properties in the Philippines to be feautired in a German publication of prestigious properties around the world.
Calatagan is known to be home to the weekend retreats of some of Manila’s more discriminating and low key families who value privacy and the chance to escape from the urban crowds and big city atmosphere. Most of the properties in the area are large tracts of land used for farming, grazing, or for leisure. Cala Perdida is centrally located within this neighborhood and is also strategically positioned just five(5) kilometers south of the following world-class facilities:
• Calatagan Golf and Country Club (Robert Trent Jones designed 18-hole championship golf course)
• Punta Baluarte Leisure Resort
• Hacienda Bigaa Polo Fields
• Hacienda Bigaa Airport
Anilao, which is one of the leading dive spots in the Philippines, is located just 25 kilometers east of the property across the Pagaspas Bay. By speedboat, it only takes approximately 30 minutes to cross, enabling the owners of the property and their guests quick and easy access to one of the best dive spots in the world.
Apart from Anilao, the property is also conveniently located just 45 minutes away by speedbost from Puerto Galera, another breathtaking dive spot located on the island of Mindoro. This provides the owners and their guests with a variety of world-class diving destinations to choose from.
Calatagan is easily accessible by air. From the Manila International Airport, flying time is approximately 20 to 30 minutes depending on the type of aircraft used. Until recently, direct air access to Calatagan was only possib;e by using helicopters however, since the private airport of the Zobel family in Hacienda Bigaa was recently opened to the public, it is now possible to used fixed-wing aircrafts as well. The length of the airfield is 1,000 meters long and can easily accommodate aircrafts as big as a King Air 350 or 19-Seater Dornier.
Direct air access to the property is possible with the use of helicopters. There is a designed landing pad strategically located near the entrance of the property and away from the main activity areas.
Land Travel to the property takes approximately 2.5 hours. From Manila, there are several routes to take, they are the following:
• Manila – Santa Rosa – Tagaytay – Nasugbu – Lian – Calatagan (via the Skyway or South Expressway)
• Manila – Cavite – Tagaytay – Lian – Calatagan (via the Coastal Highway)
Apart from the existing rest house cluster, Cala Perdida is conveniently equipped with modern infrastructure for comfort and convenience. They are the following:
Power Supply and Distribution System
• Electrical power provided by the Batangas Electric Cooperative, Inc. (BATELEC) – the power distributor in Batangas Area.
• Back-up Diesel Generator
Telecommunication / Television Coverage
• Globe Telecom
• Smart Telecom
• Dream Satellite TV
Water Supply and Distribution System
The property has substantial amounts of fresh ground water. During rainy season, the ground of the property acts as a sponge that absorbs large quantities of rain water. Due to the abundance of fresh ground water, the domestic water requirements of the property are simply met by deepwells and electric pumps. From the ground, water is pumped into fiberglass tanks for storage and automatically distributed to the various facilities as required.
Storm Drainage Collection and Disposal System
During periods of heavy rainfall, excess water that is not absorbed by the ground is drained into the property’s drainage system. In certain areas that require additional support, the drainage system has been enlarge to handle large amounts of water flow more effectively.
Domestic waste from all the structures is directed into an adequately-sized underground multi-chambered septic tank through underground waste pipes for proper processing and treatment.
POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Given the fairly large size of the property and access to a private white sand beach, Cala Perdida has the potential of being further developed into an exclusive spa/resort, such as the Farm in Lipa Batangas, or an exclusive residential beach front subdivision, much like the Maluhia Estates in Hawaii. For more information on these types of developments, please log on to and .
STREGNTHS OF THE PROPERTY
• Complete Privacy – The property is completely secluded and isolated from the hustle and bustle of a fully developed leisure community. It is surrounded by peaceful farm land and tranquil pastures, not by busy subdivisions and noisy beach clubs.
• Prime Location – Considered the “Hamptons” of the Philippines, Calatagan is the most exclusive weekend getaway destination for the country’s most discriminating and prominent, yet low-key families. Cala Perdida is located in the heart of this prestigious destination.
• Private Beach – Access to a private white sand beach is what sets the property apart from the rest in the area. Once on the beach, you will know that the only ones there are you, your family, and friends… Nobody else.
• Unobstructed Panoramic Views – From practically every point on the property, there is a clear panoramic view of the seascape, distant mountain ranges, and the lush tropical landscape of the property’s grounds.
• Accessibility – The property is easily accessible by air, land, and sea.
• Proximity to World-Class Facilites – Imagine spending the weekend in three heactres of provate/secluded land in the middle of a world-class leisure community, complete with a Robert Trent Jones designed championship 18-hole golf course and country club, leisure resort, airport, and several polo fields that are active during the polo season.
• Complete Amenities – The property is fully developed. All the basic amenities, such as electricity, water, and accommodations have already been brought into the property.
- * SITE VIEWING IS STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. SERIOUS INVESTORS ONLY.
|About This Property|
|Address:||Calatagan, Batangas |
|For Sale By:||Owner |
|Construction Year:||n/a |
|Area:||32,000 m2 || |
|Parking Spaces:||n/a |
|Features - Amenities|
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Search More Listings|