A rare opportunity for a Foreign Investor-Eco Tourism Operator/ Holiday Resort Developer
44 acre parcel of land 23 km from Kandy. Not very far from Victoria Dam, The International Golf Ground and the Pallekele Free Trade Zone. Consisting of 3 Title Plans of the Surveyor General prepared from the first Lanka survey 134 years ago in 1864. Undisputed clear ownership after the decision of a land case with boundaries marked and property handed over to the rightful owner according to the original plans by court order some years ago.
There is a large stream with crystal clear water along one side of the boundary and two large secluded waterfalls covered from the jungle from every side. From the total of 44 acres there are 20 acres of Pristine Tropical Rain forest. 3 acres of tea garden in production at the top of a hill. 5 acres of pepper crop coming in to production next year. 10 acres of grassy hill slope recently planted with trees for reforestation and support trees for the future planting of pepper vines. One irrigation channel with plenty of water starting from the head of the waterfall number one and running across the land. 6 acres of Rain forest with slightly cleared under growth with the intention of planting spices and exotic cut flowers such as Red Anthuriums under the shade of trees.
Three phase electricity, well sealed public road access, rural water service and public transport from Kandy main bus stand are available up to the entrance of the property and a well drained 20 feet wide gravel road accessible by car or truck is running inside the property parallel to the irrigation channel. (See . for pictures) .
The land is available for long term lease, on condition that no trees be cut without owners approval, and that is to safeguard from destroying the natural environment and the beauty of the place. The total area is available for lease for 1250 US$ per month. (Or 900 US$ per month if leased without the 5 acres of pepper plantation coming in to production soon) A long term lease of 5 to 10 years is anticipated.)
The property is suitable for:
(1) A Private Theme Park on Tropical Rain Forest (Proposal available see .).
(2) Spice Garden for chemical free organic spice production. (The Spice Garden is already online in the name of Lankaland and attracting orders for the future production. See .).
(3) Holiday Resort or an easily accessible location for a jungle film series. (Good 5 star hotels within 20 km distance)
(4) Meditation Center or a Retirement village for overseas visitors.
(5) Production of Exotic Cut Flowers for Export or A Medicinal Herb Garden.
(6) Clean Drinking Water Bottling Plant.
(7) A promotional production setting for a well established international brewery or a soft drink producer.