5 more images below...
100 Acre Retirement Haven For Sale in San Jacinto, Carchi, Ecuador
Off The Beaten Path 100 Acre Retirement Haven
Asking Price: $250,000 USD (Negotiable)
This property is in the cloud forest--very green, very wet, beautiful. It is not flat. House has big windows and a great porch for simply enjoying the environment. Peaceful and calm.
Hundreds of species of birds, butterflies, and insects. Frogs that croak in the rain. Sound of rushing water from the sleeping areas. Resident toucans, parrots, wrens, hummingbirds, etc. Others pass through during migrations.
Numerous walking paths with foot bridges over the four streams. One has several small water falls.
Area very scenic and scarcely populated with lots of hiking possibilities. Major water falls at the end of the road. (Haven't seen it. We're too old to walk there.) Local pueblo (29 families and slowly growing) has friendly and helpful citizens. Must drive or bus for major food or other purchases.
Parts of the property are currently leased for cattle grazing although they are rarely seen from the house. Leasee maintains fences.
Another part is leased for cultivating narajilla.
The entire property is fenced with a single wire to mark boundaries.
One and a half hours from Ibarra along the scenic Mira River, HWY 10 toward the coast. Then, 7 K on dirt roads suitable for any vehicle. The driveway to the house requires four-wheel drive.
Elevation around 3500 feet.
The majority of the land behind the house is heavy virgin cloud forest, impenetrable without a machete. Only approximately 10-15 acres are being worked at present time. Neighbors are clearing land and are available to hire.
Could easily go completely off grid with running water to generate electricity.
UPDATE July 2020--Internet now available.
Use website to view video.
|About This Property|
|Features - Amenities|
- Mountain View
- Pet Friendly
- Out In The Country Away From Bustle, Noise, And Pollution
- Good 4-Wheel Drive Road To Front Door
- Traction Problems For 2-Wheel Drive On Final Property Road
- Year-Round Temperature 65 F To 75 F
- Rarely Over 80 Or Below 65
- Well Constructed And Maintained Wood Home
- Gorgeous, 360 Degree Cloud Forest Views
- Downstairs: 1 Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Area, And Bath With Shower
- Large Family Room, Large Tool Storage Room
- Upstairs: 2 Bedroom Suites, Each With Bath Including Tub And Shower
- Shared Kitchen/living Area, Guest Bathroom
- Three Covered Vehicle Parking Or Storage Areas
- Covered Area With Despulpadora (take The Pulp Off The Coffee Bean)
- Outdoor Laundry Area
- Hookups For Electric Washer And Gas Dryer
- House Water Comes From On-Property Year-Round Spring And Filtering Systems -- Delicious
- Includes 6 Coffee Or Cacao Drying Tables
- Califone For Hot Water
- House Wired For 220
- Fruit Orchard, Mandarina, Lemon, Orange, Apple, Guananbana, And Avocado
- 10 Acres Farmed Mountain Land (not Flat)
- Remainder Is Virgin Cloud Forest
- Completely Fenced
- Mature Coffee, Cacao, 4 Varieties Of Banana Trees
- Two Tilapia Ponds With Running Water
- Large Planting Area Of Yuca (manioc)
- Large Planting Area Of Narajilla Leased To Local Family
- Two Large Cattle Pastures To Support Up To 10 Cow/calf Units
- Four Running Streams, One Originates On Property
- Abuts The Chinambi River
- ****Internet Now Available*****
- Satellite Phone Service
- Small Tractor Included
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Find More Properties|