20 more images below...
Luxury Houses For Sale in Nicoya, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Self-Sustaining Eco Estate In Costa Rica's Blue Zone!
Asking Price: $1,260,000 USD
• Escape to your own secluded mountain paradise, just 11 miles from Nicoya and 6 miles from the lovely town of Hojancha. This spectacular property features two beautiful, fully updated homes with stunning mountain views plus so much more...
This area is one of only 5 Blue Zones in the world, known for the high number of centenarians, which is thought to be related to the quality of the region’s water, clean air and fresh produce. Limitless, mineral rich pure spring water is born right on the land, edible plants abound in the developed areas of the property, and there is total off grid living potential.
• 52-hectares (129 acres) of pristine land, Located 2.8mi up a beautiful, rugged mountain road through the small village of Guastomatal, this property affords both privacy and security in your own little slice of paradise.
• The land includes four structures: a 4 bedroom/3 bathroom Colonial style home with saltwater pool, outdoor shower and an additional toilet, a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom ranch-style guesthouse, a large aquaponics greenhouse and building with a 1 bedroom apartment, and a cozy cabin made mainly of recycled plastic bottles, which features a sleeping area, separate kitchen and bathroom, and a large terrace.
Additionally, there is an obstacle course and playground for adults and children.
• This unique valley and mountain view property is in the heart of a biological corridor called Cerros de Jesus. You will have your very own private wildlife preserve plus two micro climates. It is a hidden treasure that also includes a very long list of additional attributes and extras to make it a truly once in a lifetime opportunity for the right buyer.
HOUSE DETAILS: The homes are about 300 meters away from each other on large plateaus, separated by a small forest and seasonal creek with waterfalls. There are multiple natural terraces ready for building further homes/cabins without any need for heavy machinery.
Colonial Style Main House-
Built in 1996: 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms, open plan living room & kitchen with amazing exotic wood vaulted ceiling and ceiling fans throughout. Enjoy the gorgeous mountain views from the newly installed kitchen and breakfast island. Kitchen features exotic granite countertops, double ovens, large 5-burner stainless gas range, 2 sinks, and American fridge/freezer with icemaker. New custom-built cabinetry through-out the home offers ample storage. Bedroom four is air-conditioned, and has a large walk-in closet plus large food storage pantry with separate A/C unit.
A large terrace includes saltwater pool with jacuzzi, sweeping views and a large, built-in infrared gas BBQ grill – perfect for entertaining!
Ranch style guesthouse:
Built in 2009: 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, large windows with amazing mountain and valley views. Newly renovated kitchen with quartz countertops and built-in breakfast nook. Also has flat area with incredible views next to house - perfect for adding a cabana or pool. Large flat lawn area in front of the house suited for a helipad.
AQUAPONICS SYSTEM & FARM AREA:
The aquaponics system and greenhouse were built in 2010. There are 6 large reinforced concrete fish tanks that use fish nitrogen rich water to feed the plants and at the same time the plants filter and oxygenate the water that is returned to the fish tanks. Tanks are all cement, not dirt: 42 feet long x 5 feet wide x 4 feet deep (14 meters long x 1.5 meters deep x 1 meter wide). Four of the tanks have media plant beds above them and contain fish, two are set up as a recirculating system, one producing duckweed to clean the water and produce a food source for the fish and ducks, the other a fish tank.
• This is the largest and only aquaponics building of its kind in Costa Rica, if not in all of Central America.
• Can also be used to cultivate shrimp, exotic aquarium fish, or even spirulina. Each tank has the capacity to produce between 2000 to 4000 fish (tilapia, shrimp, guapote and also aquarium fish). Currently well stocked with fish ready to harvest any time for your own enjoyment or as a source of revenue.
• The system is fully enclosed and you can grow vegetables organically using the nitrogen-rich water from the fish tanks.
• No water is wasted. Continuous crops from fish and plants all year using very little energy.
• The aquaponics building adjacent to the greenhouse features a kitchen, bedroom, shower facility, and bathroom. There is also a large open room which could be used as a fish and vegetable work area, a classroom, indoor gym, learning center or even a small restaurant or cafe.
• A duck house and pond with waterfall are located next to the aquaponics building, providing another source of food (duck eggs and meat) and fertilizer.
Below the mountain and private forest preserve are a variety of edible and medicinal plants, including fruit trees and other seasonal crops, all 100% organic, with some open areas used to grow crops such as 8 types of citrus fruits, 5 types of mango, papaya, dragon fruit, bread fruit, black zapote (aka chocolate mousse fruit), rose apples, cashews, banana, plantain, guava, yucca, taro, chili peppers, aloe vera, Kerson (cotton candy) fruit, pigeon peas, Mayan spinach, and moringa trees are among 60 different types of fruits.
Other useful plants include gourd trees (food and biofuel), neem trees (a natural insect repellent and medicinal), rumberry trees, guanabana/soursop (medicinal), arrowroot, a turmeric plantation, ceylon cinnamon trees, jatrophra curcas for biodiesel and many more!.
There are 4 major underground aquafers on the property, plus several natural springs and creeks with waterfalls. The main spring is born inside the forest preserve and runs all year round feeding distribution tanks for both houses and the aquaponics operation. Back up well is ready to go if needed. There are NO factories, NO farms, NO agricultural runoff, NO city ground or air pollution. Water is as pure as it can be!
In the heart of the biological corridor, Cerros de Jesús. Connects from Nicaragua all the way through Costa Rica and Panama.
Reforested sections of land with 11,000 native endangered exotic trees to encourage the return of more fauna. Can be made open to the public as a wildlife education center, or build additional trails throughout for easy wildlife viewing and spectacular views of the valley below.
Local fauna include jaguarundi, ocelot, puma, white tail deer, kinkajou, coati, Guanacaste anteater, rabbits, several types of frogs (great indication of a healthy environment), and turtles. Reforestation project has attracted copious amounts of birds, white faced and howler monkeys, and many more.
Chorotega culture archeological sites on the property. Have found tools, pottery, axes, etc. Stone tools and pottery shards: animal forms made out of clay. Chorotega people descended from Mayans.
The property’s location near the thriving town of Nicoya assures that your privacy and seclusion are balanced by full access to all requirements for modern, safe living. Nicoya provides all the essential amenities - there one can find the region’s largest hospital, local government and administration, and many dining and shopping options.
The charming mountain town of Hojancha is another option for dining, groceries and other essentials. The warm community of locals and expats makes your visit to the post office, bank, or gr One of Costa Rica’s best beaches, Playa Samara, is just 28miles away.
• Property features two separate gated entrances, which allows the aquaponics building, cabin and guest house to be accessed independently from the main house.
• 30 hectares of gently sloping to flat land with flowing creeks, cascades, and waterfalls with natural rock pools to wade in
• 4 perfectly flat terraces with amazing views, large enough for many more houses or cabins. Overall there are about 80 acres of perfect level land on the property perfectly suitable for building more structures.
• Completely tranquil and extremely safe and secluded community! Live in total peace and serenity.
• Biofuel plantation for year round biodiesel production; Teak & Melina ready to harvest now + 2500 endangered reforested Ron Ron trees (20 more years to harvest).
• 1 vehicle included: 2006 7-seater Mitsubishi Montero 4x4 workhorse.
• Bird paradise: Ornithologist will love viewing hundreds of rare exotic birds all in just one place! Slaty Tailed and black headed Trogon, Squirrel Cuckoo, turquoise browed motmot, long-tailed manakin, laughing falcon, toucans, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, hawks, and many more including hundreds of migrating species.
• Would suit an intentional community, holistic medicine retreat, post-surgery rehabilitation resort, eco-resort, yoga retreat center, organic farm, educational center, could be subdivided into separate parcels or just a secluded getaway with stunning views for a discerning buyer.
• Can easily become self-sustainable.
• 22 hectares of the mountainous area are a biological reserve/eco-park education center fed by 100% spring water. Government pays $1800/year "protection plan" to preserve this.
|About This Property|
|Features - Amenities|
- Mountain View
- Pet Friendly
- Maid's Quarters
- Maid's Bathroom
- Laundry Room
- Studio Room
- Cable TV
- *. Cable Tv
- • Pure Spring Water Year Round
- • Edible Forest
- • Aquaponics Organic Food Production
- • Mountain View
- Too Many Features To List......
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Find More Properties|