21 more images below...
Lake Front Hotel For Sale in Isla De Ometepe, Rivas, Nicaragua
9-Room Lake Front Hotel With Restaurant & Lounge Bar
Asking Price: $700,000 USD
The 6031m2 property is situated in the community of San Fernando on gorgeous Isla de Ometepe atop an 8-meter high sand dune overlooking Lake Nicaragua. It includes;
- 266 feet (81 meters) of lake front property along Playa Santo Domingo the longest stretch of white sand beach on Isla de Ometepe AND
Landscaped gardens throughout and various communal areas for guests to relax and enjoy the year round lake views and breezes.
- 277 feet (85 meters) of main paved road frontage. Xalli is situated on the isthmus that connects the two sides of the island. There is only one road (and there will only ever be one road) that connects the two volcanoes together forming Ometepe's figure of '8' form. This means the business's road side visibility will be enduring.
Total construction area of 770m2 including 6 buildings as follows;
Building 1 (262m2) – includes,
Building 2 (81m2) - includes;
- dedicated Reception lobby
- 35-seat fully screened & all-weather restaurant & lounge bar
- commercial Kitchen
- large pantry/storage room
- cleaning area
- 2 toilets
Building 3 (135m2) – hosts;
- 2 luxury guest rooms each with tiled & modern private bathrooms as well as private front porches
Building 4 (75m2) – hosts;
- 4 large guest rooms with private bathrooms. The two front rooms also include private porches
Building 5 (110m2) – is a rustic building hosting;
- 1 guest suite with small living room, private bathroom & private front porch
- 2 smaller guest rooms that share a bathroom accessed internally via a connecting hall
Building 6 (18m2) – includes;
- 3 rooms & 2 bathrooms and a small communal sitting area upon entry. Currently this building is being used for housekeeping and storage needs. Also off to the road-side is a large undercover area where maintenance and construction takes place.
Plus 100m2+ of natural slate paving throughout the property connecting buildings
- Administration Office
- room for bank ATM (source of additional income and improves guest convenience)
Xalli employs a gardener and 2 part-time maintenance workers who are responsible for new construction, electricity, plumbing and general maintenance. All buildings, furniture, air conditioners and tools are given regular maintenance and checks to ensure the hotel operates at an optimal level, maintains a reputation of quality and maximizes the longevity of its assets.
Other assets included in the sale are;
- Grid energy connection with a 50KvA transformer
- 9 quality and energy efficient split air conditioners (7 x 12,000BTU + 2 x 9,000BTU)
- Town potable water connection
- 3 back up potable water tanks
- Environmentally friendly black water treatment system (3 x bio-digestors)
- 3 x solar hot water heaters
- Back-up energy system (connected to the restaurant)
- Security system with 4 cameras dispersed around property
- High speed fiber optic Internet connection (Claro)
- WIFI facilities throughout the property
- Biological Gray water system
- Working/operational Inventory included in sale
THE HOTEL & BUSINESS
- Xalli Hotel opened in 2013 and under normal political & travel conditions, is a profitable, fully legal & successful hotel. Prior to Abril 2018, the average annual occupancy rate approached 80% for 4 years straight. Over the same period, overall income almost tripled.
- Currently there are 9 operational guest rooms, 8 bathrooms and 2 half baths but the potential exists to create 12-guest rooms with 10 bathrooms & 2 half baths with the current configuration. This would require a small to medium investment.
- All 9- guest rooms have high efficiency inverter technology air conditioners as well as fully screened and secure windows to allow for natural ventilation and light.
- Most rooms include king size beds, flat screen televisions with cable or IP TV and private bathrooms with solar heated hot water showers.
- All rooms have custom furniture made from precious hard woods sourced locally on the island.
- Dedicated reception lobby. Our reception team continually receive praise and wonderful reviews from guests. We now have 400+ 5-star reviews on Tripadvisor which is 92% of all of our reviews. We are also highly rated and recommended on and Expedia.
- There are currently 12 staff members including kitchen crew, wait staff, receptionists, house-keeping staff, an administrator, gardener and security staff! The staff work on auto-pilot and no longer require micro-managing. Current owners have worked hard to create closed loop processes for all departments with built-in check system.
- Functional and mobile-friendly website and cost effective on-line marketing. (Xalli Hotel organically lists on page 1 when searching for hotels on Ometepe)
- User-friendly on-line reservation system
- Established network of alliances and tour operators
THE RESTAURANT & BAR
Xalli's restaurant offers a varied international menu and prides itself on quality, cleanliness and service. The kitchen gives priority to healthy cuisine with an emphasis on organic and locally sourced produce.
- 35-seat beautiful restaurant & bar
- Elegantly furnished including lounges and coffee tables in addition to dining tables and chairs
- Established and reliable supply chain
- Fully screened space for all year round enjoyment
- Well stocked cocktail and wine bar
MORE ABOUT ISLA DE OMETEPE AND ITS TOURISM
Isla de Ometepe is a 276m2 island located inside of Lake Nicaragua – the world's 19th largest sweet water lake. The island itself is a natural paradise, hosting a plethora of bio-diversity. In 2009 it was declared a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
The form of Ometepe is one of its most distinguishing characteristics. It comprises two volcanoes – one active called 'Concepcion' who stands an imposing 1600m and is almost perfectly conical. The other is dormant 'Maderas Volcano who is one of Nicaragua's only two cloud-forests and hosts a crater lake at the top. Connecting the two volcanoes is a stretch of land called an isthmus making it so that from the air the island takes the form of an '8'. Tourists come from all over the world to hike the island's volcanoes.
But the awesomeness doesn't just stop with the volcanoes and the bio-diversity! The island also has beautiful and pristine waterfalls, both volcanic black sand and white sand beaches, a crystalline natural swimming pool, breathtaking look-outs and a fascinating history complete with artifacts, ancient rock petroglyphs and memorable legends.
Approximately 50,000 tourists visit Ometepe each year and this number is growing. A few years back most of the tourists belonged to the 'back-packer/budget' traveler category. This is changing with more middle to high end travelers making their way to the island. Moreover, currently there is only a hand-full of hotels on the island that cater to the middle to higher end market and Xalli is one of the best known in this category. As such, unlike other top tourist destinations where the market is flooded by over-supply of accommodation businesses, Ometepe is the opposite and still has a deficit of good quality hotels! This makes standing out from the crowd all so much easier!
The most popular way to get to the island is via ferry from the port of San Jorge which itself received a major face-lift in 2015 with over US$7 million spent on expanding and beautifying the port's facilities. A number of ferries/boats travel to and from the island 365 days a year and the gorgeous and generally calm ride takes 1 hour and 15minutes.
From the port, it is only a 30minute drive to the Costa Rican border, 30 minutes to the gorgeous Pacific Coast beaches, 1 hour to the colonial town of Granada and a 1 ½ hours drive to the country's capital, Managua.
The island has its own airport (35minutes drive from Xalli) with scheduled flights to and from Managua that are not only affordable but also fast (20mins flying time). Guests who take the flight speak about their memorable and magical experience flying in over the lake and landing in between two volcanoes.
Other infrastructure worthy of note include multiple banks, super markets, hospital, post office (35mins drive from Xalli in the port town of Moyogalpa), one of country's best veterinarian clinics (5 minute drive from Xalli), schools (both primary and secondary within 10minutes drive of Xalli).
Given the island is a natural paradise it attracts people from all over the world who are looking for a lifestyle change and a return to a more simple life. As such, there are 250+/- expats living on the island (full or part year round). Most run small tourism-based businesses and others own or manage farms focusing on organics, permaculture and sustainable living.
|About This Property|
Comunidad San Fernando
Isla De Ometepe
|Features - Amenities|
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Lake Waterfront
- Pet Friendly
- Maid's Quarters
- Maid's Bathroom
- Laundry Room
- Cable TV
- 24-Hour Security, Two High-Speed Internet Connections, Security Camera System
|Pictures (click to view a larger image)|
|Contact - More Information|
|Find More Properties|